Click below to get your Port Authorisation Code
Simply click on your network provider below in order discover how to change from your existing network to another and how to obtain your Port Authorisation Code.
What is a PAC Code? Porting Mobile Numbers
PAC Codes or a Port Authorisation Code is needed when you want to keep your existing mobile number when switching networks. If you want to change your network provider but keep your existing mobile phone number, you will need a Port Authorisation Code from your current network provider to ensure number portability.
If I move to another network can I keep my existing mobile number?
You can use your existing number with a new network. This is done by ‘porting' your mobile phone number. Before cancelling your current contract with your network provider, you will need to get your Port Authorisation Code from them. Your network provider will then either post it to you within two working days or give it to you over the phone. You then give this code to the network you are moving to in order to keep your current number.
Follow these three steps to change your network provider:
1) You have two choices. Firstly you could pay the remainder line rental as per stated in your contract in one lump sum at the end of the contract period. Alternatively, you could simply wait it out until the end of your contract term.
2) Order your new contract deal. This can be done online, where you pick the deal which best suits your needs and usage. Throughout the ordering stage, you will be asked for your Port Authorisation Code.
3) Porting mobile number will take up to 7 working days. Your SIM will no longer work once this process is complete and you will be given a new SIM card by your service provider.
* If you are getting a new phone but are keeping the same network, porting mobile number will not be allowed. Your current service provider will provide you with an upgrade and the same number.
* If you have not fulfilled your contractual opbligations IE you haven't completed your contract with your network provider you will be unable to 'port' your number or give you a porting authorisation code. Check your existing terms and conditions with your current service provider to establish when you can change networks.
*Do not cancel your contract with your current network provider until you have your Port Authorisation Code and you have passed this onto your new network. Your PAC code should also be provided free of charge. If you do cancel your contract without your Port Authorisation Code, you may be charged a connection fee by your new network provider. Worse still, porting mobile number will not be allowed.
Still unclear? Ofcom have more information on Port Authorisation Codes.
* Vodafone is one of the UK's leading network providers.
* Established since 1985, it has been at the forefront of mobile innovation.
* Vodafone is renowned for offering reliable and professional customer service and has grown rapidly over the years.
* Vodafone serves 27 countries across 5 continents, 186million customers and 33 partner networks. No wonder it has become the leading international mobile telecommunications group.
Why buy from Vodafone?
* Vodafone has been around for 20 years and is a trusted mobile phones company.
* Vodafone can boast mobile broadband speeds of 7.2 mbps
* High customer service standards are what Vodafone thrive on
* Vodafone can offer consumers outstanding network coverage
* Consumers can view and control their account online at Vodafone
Switch to Vodafone
* O2 was formed in 2001 following the demerger from British Telecom
* Businesses and consumers in the UK turn to O2 as their leading mobile and broadband provider.
* O2 UK is a division of the wider O2 group. O2 comprises mobile networks in the UK and across Europe. O2 also has joint venture businesses such as Tesco Mobile and Tchibo Mobilfunk in the UK and Germany.
* O2 has more than 40 million fixed and mobile customers across Europe
* O2 has 18.4 million customers in the UK
* In the Best Companies to Work for in 2008, O2 came 6th. Not only this but the company was awarded a 3 star accreditation for being an exceptional company.
Why Buy From O2
* Is the leading provider of mobile and broadband services in the UK
* O2 offer a range of the latest mobile broadband deals plus regular special offers. Get mobile broadband from £9.79 a month
* Free USB mobile broadband modems and range of laptops with built in mobile broadband
* O2 offer phones for any budget using their price plans and bolt ons.
* Shopping online at O2 can get you online discounts.
* O2 offers next day delivery absolutely free!
* Online delivery tracking facility
* 14 day return guarantee
* Excellent network coverage.
* Online account management with O2 is very easy.
* Easy online top up.
* Free 24/7 customer service & support.
Switch to O2
About 3 Mobile
* Established five years ago (March 05)
* In Britain and Europe 3 can boast that it is the largest 3G network
* 3 is available in eight different countries and has over ten million customers.
* In the UK, 3 has 3.5 million customers.
Why buy from 3 Mobile?
* 3 can give consumers varied packages and special offers.
* 3 gives consumers good value broadband packages- for example 15GB for £15 a month.
* 3 can give consumers mobile broadband deals starting from £10 a month.
* 3 offers consumers next day delivery for free
* 3 gives consumers a 14 day money back promise.
* Online account management is easy with 3.
* Topping up online is aslo easy with 3.
* Shopping online with 3 is safe
* 3 gives consumers 24/7 customer service & support.
Switch to 3 Mobile
* Orange is one of the world's leading communications companies.
* Orange has 170 million customers world wide.
* Orange has 11.6 million broadband internet customers making it Europe's biggest broadband provider, and is Britain's No1 VOIP provider with over 150,000 users.
* Orange Business Services one million businesses with mobile solutions.
* Orange has over 17 million customers (15 million mobile phone and 2 million internet) in the UK.
Why buy from Orange?
* One of the world's leading mobile companies
* Orange is a trusted and well established brand
* Cheapest mobile broadband package from just £4.89 a month
* Orange's mobile broadband products are competitive.
* Next day delivery.
* Network coverage at Orange is excellent.
* Easy online account management.
* Easy online top up.
* Customer service is open 24/7 to offer support to consumers.
* Safe online shopping.
Switch to Orange
* T-mobile is part of the largest mobile company in the world, Deutche Telekom AG.
* T-mobile operates worldwide and has over 17 million customers.
* T-mobile is the proud winner of 3 major awards - Online retailer, Customer operator & Tariff deal of the Year (2006-2007).
* T-mobile is a socially responsible organisation and works to develop mobile technology in a positive way both socially & environmentally.
* T-mobile is continually growing and becoming one of the leading and most trusted networks in the UK.
Why buy from T-mobile?
* Offer an extensive range of deals plus special offers.
* Offer a range of competitive price plans & add on options to suit your budget.
* Range of competitive broadband packages with great value special introductory offers - prices start form £10 a month.
* Best value laptop deals with built in mobile broadband from £20 a month
* Free next day delivery.
* 99% network coverage.
* Easy online account management.
* Easy online top up.
* 24/7 customer service & support.
Switch to T-Mobile
check out the following sites to get the best price plans and handsets available! Port Authorisation Code Vodafone, Port Authorisation Code 3, Orange Port Numer, Port Authorisation Code O2, Port Authorisation Code Virgin , Port Authorisation Code T-Mobile, Port Authorisation Code Asda Mobile.